Monday, July 18, 2011

Google+, Fun or Fail?

Today I was able to take a dry run through Google+, the newest social media service to enter the webworld. In 18 minutes, I set up a full profile, added 42 friends to 5 circles, added nearly 100 photos to 4 albums, connected my Picasa account and set up the easiest security system for any social media I've ever tried.  Considering I opted not to try out Google Buzz, I missed the terrible-twos Google had with Google+'s younger sibling. 

Was it fun?  Yeah, I mean, it was super easy and setting up the video camera was a piece of cake.  Will it be fun?  My assumption is yes, it is super easy to navigate, 100% easier than Facebook to set up and use so I will definitely be using it.

Will it ever replace the social giant Facebook?  That remains to be seen but so far I really enjoy how easy it is to navigate, add friends to my circles and especially control the security options.

Kudos to Google for a great product!

No comments:

Post a Comment