Sunday, September 4, 2011

Facebook: Skillpages, another way to get yourself advertised on the web

A relatively new app for Facebook users has been out for a little while now and appears to be a way of continuing your professional "web face", similar to LinkedIn.  You can link your Facebook, LinkedIn and email users to this app that displays your skills , experience and education (again, similar to LinkedIn) for potential employers to see.

It doesn't allow you the depth of information and connections that LinkedIn does, nor is it as professional.  If I had to choose one, it would be clearly LinkedIn from a business stand point and that is what I tell my clients as well.   
It's pretty early to tell, I've only been on it a few hours and it's still pretty young but the fact that your professional "web face" is being promoted in another place is always a good thing!  Positive linking plus positive exposure all add up to more traffic so I'm all for it!  Check me out at Melinda Ames @ skillpages.com

To learn more about Skillpages, check out this video:


No comments:

Post a Comment